40K VIGILUS DEFIANT
The source book to kick off the return to campaign books. Gave us Primaris Marneus Calgar and some awesome additional rules for lots of Imperial armies and Genestealer Cults. Sadly, a lot of these rules are only for 8th edition, but the story is solid and Read more
War ravages the sentinel world of Vigilus. Though beset by an Ork Speedwaagh! and a Genestealer Cult uprising, its crucial location at the mouth of the Nachmund Gauntlet makes it an invaluable asset to the Imperium – one that its people will fight to the last to defend. Yet this defiance may cost the Imperium dearly, for on top of all the planet’s woes, a Chaos invasion has begun, led by a warlord claiming to be the herald of Abaddon himself!
Imperium Nihilus: Vigilus Defiant is packed with exciting background and new rules that enable you to refight the events described in the book. Here’s what you will find inside:
- Background of the period leading up to the War for Vigilus
- A star map of the Vigilus system
- Descriptions of the planet of Vigilus and its military disposition
- Detailed accounts of the major events in the War for Vigilus
- Campaign deployment maps and descriptions of the battles that were fought in each war zone
- Details of the various armies that fought in this campaign
- Campaign rules allowing you to bring the narrative of this book to life on your tabletop.
- Guidance on organising and running a Vigilus campaign
- 12 narrative play missions (6 Crucible of War, 6 Echoes of War), as well as additional special rules and Stratagems
- Six exciting battlezones to use in your games of Warhammer 40,000
- Specific rules for using the various factions that fought on Vigilus, including datasheets for Marneus Calgar, his Victrix Guard and Haarken Worldclaimer
- 22 Specialist Detachments, with new Warlord Traits, Relics, and Stratagems