Up front ... WE LOVE KIDS!
We're totally about play here. Games, toys, novelties, puzzles, etc. -- these are all about having fun, mostly together but even by oneself. And where do we first learn to play? Childhood, of course!
Because that's the source of the hobbies we facilitate, we love having kids in the store, introducing them to Euro-style games, role-playing, and miniatures, and watching the looks on their faces as they discover new things. And we are honored that so many parents think of Games of Berkeley as one of the things we strive to be -- a safe space, where their children may explore and enjoy themselves without worry or fear.
That being said:
Most of the kids we come in contact with behave perfectly reasonably when left to their own devices, and many know how to get in contact with their responsible adults in case of emergency -- but not all of them. As a business we optimistically anticipate awesomeness, but also realistically prepare for the unfortunate.
Bluntly, Games of Berkeley is neither a daycare nor a babysitting service. While we enthusiastically encourage kids to participate in our events and casual game play, it's not appropriate to simply drop one's children off here by themselves for any period of time without prior arrangements. Our staff and event organizers are trained to handle a lot of situations, but are not responsible for disciplining unruly youngsters, and must be able to contact parents or guardians if an emergency arises.
To that end, Games of Berkeley has implemented the following guidelines for our events and game library usage regarding minors:
- Those aged 11 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who will remain within close sight and earshot of the child to the extent reasonably practicable during the child's participation.
- Those aged 12 to 15 may participate without a parent or guardian present, so long as a completed Consent Form (LINK) is on file, submitted in person by the parent or guardian.
- Those aged 16 and older may participate without parental accompaniment or written permission.
- All event and game library participants, regardless of age, must adhere to Games of Berkeley's "House Rules". (LINK)
- Participation by minors in events run by non-employees is at the discretion of the individual event organizers or game masters.
Thanks for understanding, and for your continued support of our business!
Have any questions? Feel free to contact us via email@example.com.
To learn more about our scheduled events, CLICK HERE.
To learn how to reserve your own play space, CLICK HERE.