News of the Move - 10/29/16 October 30 2016
Closer still ...
Okay, no time for an extensive write-up. Bullet points and a video:
- Rick Brown Electrical is addressing the many, MANY issues with the wiring that prior tenants ran. Let's just say they may not have hired professionals, and leave it at that.
- Alarm and surveillance cameras are not something we'll discuss publicly. Yay, transparency!
- Final contractor work on the retail floor section of the store should be complete within the next 7-10 days. Low-height painting should take place concurrently.
- High-up painting (exterior and interior) is an issue right now. The painters we've met with so far can't do the work prior to January, and we'd really like the painting to be done prior to that. Opening on time may just mean having a terrible paint job for the first month or two, but we can live with that.
- We've chosen a sign company, and that should be ready within the next two weeks.
- The initial site survey by our telecom provider takes place Monday (now that we've finally found the Minimum Point of Entry -- watch the video for more on that), and the system should be in soon thereafter.
- Biggest news is that we're getting nearly all of our display fixtures from Keeble & Shuchat Photography, a store that was in business for 51 years, and just closed on October 30. Those will be picked up on Election Day, and installed over the following few days.
- Assuming luck and our plans hold out, OUR SOFT OPENING WILL TAKE PLACE ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH!
- Also, we're still finding ancient stuff in hidden places.