Is your game closet overly full? Are you eyeing the new edition of a game you already own? Is there something you're just not playing any more? Games of Berkeley may be able to help!
Our Used Games section features your gently used tabletop games at prices that you set. You complete a condition report about the game's condition and completeness, and then we shrinkwrap your game, put it on display, and handle the sales transaction. You get 80% of the sale price in store credit, which may be used toward the purchase of any product* in our physical location. If your game doesn't sell within 60 days, we simply give it back to you.
Those are the basics! Here are specific details:
- We accept used tabletop games (board and card) and game books (such as RPGs) to sell. Novels, toys, dice, miniatures, collectibles, and trading card games are currently not being accepted.
- A seller is limited to 5 items for sale in our Used Games section. Exceptions may be made for RPG sets and other situations. Just ask.
- Within reason at GoB's discretion, the seller may sell a "set" of items as a single item (such as a game plus expansions, or a set of RPG books). These items are shrinkwrapped together, and presented and sold as a single item.
- Each seller completes a USED GAME SUBMISSION FORM for each item sold. They may download this form and complete it ahead of time (please print clearly), but we also have copies available at the store. The seller is expected to be honest about the condition of their item. GoB staff reviews the Submission Form and suggests changes if we deem them appropriate. These forms are available to view by potential buyers.
- The seller determines a single asking price for the item. GoB sells the item at your price only -- that price is non-negotiable and not subject to discount. We do not break up item sets.
- Within 3 days, GoB staff prepares the used game for sale. We attach a Used Game Sale Label (Post-It note adhesive only) to the item and shrink wrap it before display. This label includes the asking price of the game and a summary of the Submission Form condition report.
- Once displayed, an item is given at least 60 days to sell. After that time, GoB may ask that the seller take the item back. An unsold item may not be resubmitted sooner than 60 days thereafter.
- Upon the sale of an item, the buyer is given 3 days to return the item if they do not agree with the Submission Form condition report. This is the only condition under which we accept a Used Game return.
- Within 5 days of the sale, the seller receives a store credit for 80% of the asking price of the item. GoB processes any Sales Tax associated with the purchase.
- GoB has the right to refuse to accept any item due to demand, condition, appropriateness, existing copies already for sale, or any other reason.
- A Used Game is sold on consignment and remains the property of the original owner until such time as it sells or is removed from circulation. GoB does not purchase used games for resale.
- GoB assumes responsibility for the care of item while in our possession.
Reduce your clutter and get some buying power in return! Any questions? Drop by the store, or check in at our ABOUT US page.