Scrabble is a poor candidate for a travel edition. A travel game should not have pieces that are easily lost. Scrabble has 100 of these, and to make this game fit on an airplane table, the board, and thus these tiles, have to be shrunk to something so tiny they're almost unplayable.
I'm not even a big fan of Scrabble; I find it too strategic! I want to focus on making words, not planning ahead! However, I love playing Scrabble solo with these rules that I made up:
1. Draw 25 tiles. (I usually cheat and draw a U if I drew a Q.)
2. Arrange all those tiles according to Scrabble rules. Tiles already on the board cannot be moved.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you run out of tiles. If you manage to place all the tiles, you win!
I've owned many travel editions of Scrabble over the years. Some were lost, some broke, some I hope I can find at a thrift store, but many I still own! Here's a survey of the travel editions I know about.
- Events / Open Gaming / Gift Cards
- New Items, Staff Picks, Deals, & Gift Cards