Sound the Retreat
With a handful of survivors from a Swarm invasion as passengers, the heroes travel to a nearby colony world in search of safety. At the overburdened metropolis of New Grakka, members of a movement who believe the Swarm are punishment for the system's sins are disrupting the military's efforts to take in refugees. The heroes must stop these fanatics, as well as clear out a series of caverns beneath the city that could provide shelter and protection should the Swarm attack this planet. In the process, they discover clues that might help solve an ancient shirren mystery!
This volume of Starfinder Adventure Path continues the Attack of the Swarm! Adventure Path and includes:
- "The Last Refuge," a Starfinder adventure for 3rd-level characters, by Mara Lynn Butler.
- A historical look at the shirren people's flight from the Swarm in the early days following the Gap, by Lacy Pellazar.
- A catalog of biomechanical starships, by Tracy Barnett.
- An archive of alien creatures, including an aquatic ambush predator and several new Swarm creatures, by Anthony Bono, Mara Lynn Butler, and Owen K.C. Stephens.
- Statistics and deck plans for a military infiltration vessel, by Tracy Barnett, plus a glimpse at a colony world of shallow oceans, by Mara Lynn Butler.