Love, swords, and adventure.
Thirsty Sword Lesbians battle the Lady of Chains when her enforcers march down from the frosty north. They rocket through the stars to safeguard diplomats ending a generations-old conflict. Even when swords are crossed, they seek peace with their opponent—and sometimes connect more deeply than anyone expects. A sword duel can end in kissing, a witch can gain her power by helping others find love, and an entire campaign can be built around wandering matchmakers flying from system to system.
Thirsty Sword Lesbians is a roleplaying game for telling queer stories with friends, created by local game designer April Kit Walsh. If you love angsty disaster lesbians with swords, you have come to the right place.
In this book, you’ll find:
- Flirting, sword-fighting, and zingers in a system designed for both narrative drama and player safety.
- An innovative take on the Powered by the Apocalypse family of games.
- Nine character types, each focusing on a particular emotional conflict: Beast, Chosen, Devoted, Infamous, Nature Witch, Scoundrel, Seeker, Spooky Witch, and Trickster.
- Guidance and support for running the game, including how to make appealing adversaries, set the tone, pace the game, and structure play.
- Tools to create your own settings and stories, alongside a dozen pre-written options including the cyberpunk Neon City 2099, steamfunk poets battling oppression as Les Violettes Dangereuses, laser swords and intrigue in the Starcross Galaxy, and more.
- World building worksheet for custom scenarios and starting scenario seeds to play with: Best Day of Their Lives, The Constellation Festival, Gal Paladins, and Sword Lesbians of the Three Houses
- Variant rules to highlight different identities, emotional connections, and setting elements.
- Strategies to adapt any setting where swords cross and hearts race for Thirsty Sword Lesbians.
Ready? Let’s go!
Number of players: 3-6
Age of players: 13+
Length: 2-4 hours
Page Count: 224
Format: Hardcover and Digital* formats (see below)
Game Designer: April Kit Walsh