Table empty? Closet Full? Our USED GAMES consignment program is a great way for buyers to find out-of-print items or save a little money, and for sellers to reduce their clutter and get some buying power in return!
If either of these sound good to you, the Used Games section may be right up your alley.
We provide gently used tabletop games from our patrons themselves, at prices that they set. Each used game is labeled with a brief description of its condition and completeness, and a non-negotiable price.
- Every used game has a condition survey that is available for inspection at our physical location.
- Used games available for purchase through our website include condition surveys in their item descriptions.
- Returns of used games are only allowed in the event that you disagree with the condition as it is described. We do not accept returns of used game purchases for any other reason.
- If you wish to return a used game bought or picked up at our physical location, you must do so within three (3) days of purchase.
- If you wish to return a used game that we shipped to you, you must email your return request to [email protected] within two (2) days of delivery. We will arrange a return shipping label, and you must ship the game no more than four (4) days thereafter. Once we receive the game and confirm it is the same that we shipped to you, your refund will be processed.
- Used games are not eligible for percentage discounts and do not earn rewards points, but store credit and gift cards may be applied toward their purchase.
Ready to shop? For now, drop by in person -- our online catalog of used games will soon become available!
Our Used Games section features your gently used tabletop games, at prices that you set. You complete a survey about the game's condition and completeness, and then we shrinkwrap your game, display it, and handle the sales transaction. You get a percentage of the sale price in store credit (detailed below), which may be used toward the purchase of any product* in our physical location. If your game doesn't sell within 60 days, we simply give it back to you.
Those are the basics -- here are specific details:
- We accept used tabletop games (board and card) and game books (such as RPGs) and sell them for you. Novels, toys, dice, miniatures, collectibles, and trading card games are currently not accepted.
- A seller is limited to three (3) items for sale in our Used Games section at any given time. Exceptions may be made for RPG sets and other situations.
- Within reason and at GoB's discretion, sellers may submit a "set" of items as a single item (such as a game and its expansions, or a set of RPG books). These items are presented and sold as a single item.
- Each seller completes a USED GAME SUBMISSION FORM for each item sold. They may download this form and complete it ahead of time (please print clearly), but we also have copies available at the store. The seller is expected to be honest about the condition of their item. GoB staff reviews the Submission Form and suggests changes if we deem them appropriate. Condition surveys are available to view by potential buyers -- a seller's personal info is not.
- The seller determines a single asking price for the item. GoB sells the item at that price only. It is non-negotiable, and not subject to discount. We do not break up item sets.
- Within three (3) days, GoB staff prepares the used game for sale. We attach a Used Game Sale Label to the item (with removable adhesive) and shrink-wrap it before display. This label includes the asking price of the game and a summary of the Submission Form condition survey.
- Once displayed, an item is given at least sixty (60) days to sell. After that time, GoB may ask that the seller take the item back. An unsold item may not be resubmitted sooner than sixty (60) days thereafter.
- Upon the sale of an item, the buyer may return it only if they do not agree with the Submission Form condition survey. We do not accept returns of used games for any other reason.
- Within a timely manner dictated by the used game return policy described in the BUYERS section of this page, the seller receives a store credit applied to their customer account -- eighty percent (80%) of the asking price if their used game is only available for purchase at our physical location, or sixty percent (60%) if it is also made available for purchase on our website. The seller decides which they prefer.
- GoB handles all Sales Tax responsibilities associated with the purchase.
- GoB has the right to refuse to accept any item due to demand, condition, appropriateness, existing copies already for sale, or any other reason.
- A used game is sold on consignment and remains the property of the original owner until such time as it sells or is removed from circulation. GoB does not purchase used games for resale.
- GoB assumes responsibility for the care of the item while it is in our possession.
* Store credit earned through Used Game sales may only be used for purchase of items, and may not be applied to event entry fees.
Any questions about buying or selling? Drop by the store, or reach out via our ABOUT US & CONTACT page!